GARMIN Descent™ Mk1 dive computer allows the user diving with air, nitrox and trimix, with up to 100% O2. Also it has GAUGE and FREEdive modes. It is designed with all the features that are necessary for any diver to be safe and enjoy underwater adventure!
GARMIN Descent Mk1 Dive Computer
Below is an information from official GARMIN about its new do-it-all dive computer:
- Breathe Easier, Dive Better: providing an easy-to-access features for a range of diving activities — including the ability to plan dives on the device for recreational, technical and free diving — Descent Mk1 provides all the key, real-time data you need for a confident dive.
The computer is automatically activated when you hit the water, showing your current depth, dive time, water temperature, ascent/descent rate, no-deco time, decompression stop information, battery life and more on the unit’s crisp 1.2” color display.
You can set the audible tone and vibration alarms to provide reminders at critical points in your dive. And up to 6 different gas mixes are supported, including nitrox and trimix (up to 100% oxygen). Configurable conservatism settings let you adjust your personal safety limits.
- Multiple Navigation Sensors: in addition to its high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS satellite tracking for map-based surface navigation, Descent Mk1 also provides a full array of ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass) sensor capabilities for topside navigation.
GARMIN Descent™ Mk1 dive computer has an integrated easy-to-read digital compass. Built-in altimeter provides elevation data, while the tilt-compensated 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing — whether you’re moving or not. For quick access to the compass display, a handy “tap to compass” feature lets you simply double-tap the screen instead of pushing the function buttons.
- Wrist-based Heart Rate: Descent Mk1 dive computer uses Garmin Elevate wrist-based heart rate technology to optically scan your pulse (when worn in contact with your skin, not over a wetsuit or dry suit). The dive computer tracks your exertion levels and uploads your heart rate data automatically to your Garmin Connect online account for post-dive review and analysis.
- Advanced Multisport Watch Features: Descent Mk1 also offers a complete feature set of sports/training, fitness and outdoor navigation tools. You can tap into an array of physiological metrics, running dynamics, fitness tracking features and more — to monitor your workout stats, measure your progress and help avoid injury. Special preloaded activity profiles are provided for swimming, running, biking, hiking, skiing, rowing, paddle boarding and more. Various timekeeping, lap counts and map tracking functions are easily accessible. Plus, for added motivation, you can even download advanced workouts and training plans to your device from Garmin Connect.
- Smart Connectivity: when paired with your compatible smartphone, Descent Mk1 makes it easy to receive text messages, emails and smart notifications. It also gives you access to automatic uploads with Garmin Connect, audio prompts, music controls and more. While you’re off the water, friends and family members can follow your location and adventures online, in real time, using the LiveTrack feature. Or you can use GroupTrack and your map display to keep tabs on your activity-sharing buddies as you go.
- Battery Charge/Wristband Change: between charges, you can count on up to 40 hours of battery life in dive mode, up to 19 days in watch mode, up to 10 days in smartwatch mode and up to 20 hours in GPS mode (all depending on settings). QuickFit™ bands let you tailor your wrist-worn style for any daily activity or special occasion — no tools required. And for diving, longer QuickFit straps are included for use over thick wetsuits or dry suits.
- Premium Materials, Elegant Style: Descent Mk1 dive computer is crafted of premium grade materials. It is available in 2 distinctive styles: a stainless steel bezel with treated silicone watch band or a deluxe titanium bezel version with brushed DLC titanium bracelet.
Both models offer advanced GPS and GLONASS satellite reception, via an EXO™ omnidirectional antenna in the bezel, for better reception in challenging environments (versus GPS alone). A bright, high-resolution, full-color Garmin Chroma Display™ with LED backlighting assures great readability in all lighting conditions, above or below the water. And for added scratch resistance, both models incorporate a high-strength domed sapphire lens.
For more info - visit GARMIN