I'm not very good in English and don't understand from user documentation how I can set FO2 on Oceanic OC1 dive computer. Could you give me short description how to do it?
First of all - start with Oceanic OC1 dive computer interface. This computer has 4 control buttons - M(mode), S(select), A(advance) and L(light).
To set Nitrox we need 3 of them - M, A, S.
Procedures for setting FO2 for all mixes are similar, only difference between 1st and 2nd, 3rd mixes is that you will be able to set FO2 up to 50% for the 1st mix. 2nd and 3rd gases allow you setting FO2 up to 100%.
So, when you are on surface:
- press M to access Menu System from Surface Main display;
- find Set F Menu by pressing A button to step forward through the selection or press M button to step backwards through the selection.
By pressing those buttons you will see small arrow goes up and down on the screen.
When this arrow will point to Set F Menu - press S button to select it and enter into this menu. You will see few Set Points available for adjustment:
- FO2 for mix 1;
- FO2 for mix 2;
- FO2 for mix 3;
- Default FO2
Now you should select which mix you want to set:
- press A or M buttons to move around this F Menu;
- press S button to select desired gas mix.
Here is an example how to set FO2 for mix 2 that is in your tank#2. Let's imagine that we have already set mix 1 for Air (FO2 - 21%) and we are at the Set F Menu.
For mix 2 do the following:
- press button A to step down through the menu and you will see arrow points to FO2 for mix 2;
- press S button to Select FO2 for mix 2 and you will get the display with settings for FO2 for mix 2;
- if you press and hold A button - set points will roll from 21% to 100% of O2; if you just press A button - you will be able to change set points one at a time from the lowest 21% to highest 100% of O2;
- when you get to your desired set point that is corresponding to O2% of your tank with mix 2 - press S button to save that setting and revert to Set F Menu.
During O2% adjustment Oceanic OC1 dive computer will display allowable maximum depth for your chosen setting and PO2.
For mix 3 you do the same - from Set F Menu - select mix 3, by pressing S to enter its adjustment menu, go through the numbers by pressing either A or M buttons, then make a correct selection of FO2 for mix 3 that is corresponding to O2% in your tank where you have mix 3, press S button to save the set point and return to Set F Menu.
This guide was written in 2011, so everything mentioned here was valued for that period. Oceanic could made some modifications to user interface and setting procedures, so if you have newer model of Oceanic OC1 - check closer with your current user manual.